What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your PC, phone or other web enabled device when you visit the ANKARA website. They are not harmful and do not contain any confidential information such as your home address, date of birth or credit card details.
Cookies are an essential part of how our site works. Some of these cookies are required by our site to enable you to transact whilst other non essential cookies enable us to give you an enhanced, personalised web experience and determine relevant products to show you.
By using our site, you consent to the use of these cookies. Cookies are used on our site for the following reasons:
- To allow you to securely sign in to your Ankara Directory Account, so that you can use "My Account" features such as order information, making payments and viewing statements.
- To store the content of your online shopping bag whilst you browse the site and to complete an order.
- To record the areas of the website that you have visited, products you have viewed and time spent browsing, as well as the products you purchased. Ankara uses this information to help make the website more user friendly, develop our site design and to continuously improve the quality of the service we provide.
- To distribute visitors to our site evenly across platforms to ensure the content is served at the fastest possible speed.
- For re-marketing purposes to determine relevant related products to show you when you're browsing on other selected websites. These cookies can be associated with services provided by a third party such as an advertising network.
Are cookies safe?
Yes. The information stored in cookies is safe and anonymous. They do not contain any information which could personally identify you and your account security is never compromised. You can find more information about cookies at http://www.allaboutcookies.org . For a video about cookies visit http://www.google.com/intl/en-GB/policies/technologies/cookies/.
Can I turn off cookies?
To withdraw your consent, or if you want to be notified each time a cookie is about to be used, you should amend the settings provided in your web browser to prevent us from storing cookies on your computer's hard drive. This is the method for the most popular browsers; For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
- Click on the “privacy” tab
- Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Mozilla firefox:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
- Click on the icon “privacy”
- Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
- Choose the menu Files”> “Preferences”
For information on how to disable cookies, please consult the "Help" tab of your browser via the menu bar. For further information on non essential cookies used for targeting and banner advertising please see below.
Our use of advertisement tracking
We also allow selected third parties who participate with us in marketing programs to place cookies when you visit our site. These cookies enable us to monitor which adverts you see and click on to get to our site. We currently use two companies for this and you can see their privacy policies at the following addresses:
- DoubleClick: http://www.google.co.uk/intl/en/policies
- Oracle https://www.oracle.com/legal/privacy/marketing-cloud-data-cloud-privacy-policy.html
Next is not responsible for the content or privacy policies of third parties or other websites.
Third party cookies - Google Advertising
When browsing the Ankara website,cookies from other websites (known as 'third party cookies') will also be placed on your computer or device. These are used exclusively for the purpose of placing Ankara advertising on those sites in the future. This advertising may be targeted at you based on the fact that you have visited the Ankara website and is personalised based on the products that you have viewed or with relevant recommendations. This service is provided to Ankara via Google and reputable third party specialists.
Targeting or banner advertising cookies including Remarketing with Google Analytics and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting
This type of advertising is designed to provide you with a selection of products based on what you have viewed on myankara.co.za and deliver adverts to you when you visit other selected websites. The adverts may highlight alternative styles and colours as well as products from other categories suitable to your browsing history.
Please be assured that the data contained in the cookie used in these adverts is completely anonymous and doesn't contain any of your personal details. You can choose to opt-out of this type of advertising. For information on how to disable cookies, please consult the "Help" tab of your browser via the menu bar. Alternatively visit Network Advertising Initiative website.
Website visitors who don’t want their data used by Google Analytics can install the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. To opt-out of Analytics for the web, visit the Google Analytics opt-out page and install the add-on for your browser. Learn more about the opt-out and how to properly install the browser add-on here.
Visitors can also opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using the Ads Settings.
Ankara are committed to complying with the Data Protection Act 1998 and have
published this guide to help you understand how and why Ankara collect
information from you, to whom such information is disclosed and what
your rights are. If we make changes to this Policy we will notify you by
updating this statement on our website. You can access our Website home
page and browse our site without disclosing your personal data.
However, when you register with Ankara you will be asked to provide
certain information about yourself.
What information do we collect and how do we obtain it?
We receive information in one of two ways either directly from you when you register with us or from a third party such as credit reference agencies (for example to assess your credit rating if you apply for credit. For more on this see the section Use of Credit Reference Agency Information further on). If you register with us you will be asked to provide certain information such as your name, address, and date of birth, telephone number and email address. If you shop with us and use a payment carde , or for a payment authorisation we may collect payment card information.
How do we use your information?
We use the information that we collect about you to:
- Process your orders, notify you of your order status and inform you of special offers and promotions
- Manage your account - see also "Use of credit reference agency information".
- Administer this website.
- Monitor customer traffic patterns and site usage to help us develop and improve the design and layout of the site.
- Notify you about enhancement to our services, such as changes to the website, new services and special offers that may be of interest. We may contact you by mail, telephone or email with offers from the following Ankara Holdings Limited group Companies: Ankara Textiles (Pty) Ltd and Ankara Apparel.