Terms & Conditions
The Ankara online shop
can be accessed at www.myankara.co.za, related
mobile sites and applications (“the site”). The site enables buyers to shop for
items including clothes, shoes and accessories by selected local and
international brands ("the products”) online and have them delivered
door-to-door, to your nearest post office or via pick-up points within South
Africa. All visitors to the site ("users" or "you") will be
able to see the products on offer, but only those who have registered for an
account on Ankara ("account holders” or “you”) are able to buy.
Legally binding contract
All users and account holders, including those that buy from the site ("buyers") are bound by these terms and conditions ("T&Cs"). By registering, or using the site at all, you recognise that you've read, accepted and agreed to be bound by these T&Cs. Should there be any clause in these T&Cs that you do not understand, the onus is on you to ask Ankara Textiles to please explain the relevant clause to you before you accept the T&Cs by using or buying from the site.
With whom are you entering into a contract?
The site is owned and run by Ankara Textiles, a division owned by Ankara Textiles(Pty) Ltd, registration number 2016/419817/07, a company incorporated in the Republic of South Africa (herein after referred to as “Ankara”). More information about Ankara Textiles is available at the end of these terms and conditions.
Products and availability
Please note that the stock of all items on offer is limited. Ankara Textiles will make all reasonable attempts to ensure that special offers are brought to an end when stock runs out. If it happens that Ankara Textiles is unable to fulfill any order at the advertised price because stock is sold out, Ankara Textiles will inform you via email and you'll be entitled to a reimbursement for the Rand value you have paid for such product. This is described in more detail under Ankara Textile's Help section, Delivery and Returns.
More simply put:
Ankara Textiles is an awesome online fashion store, but there are some rules. One, you need to register to shop. Two, there are terms and conditions and when you use the site, we take that to mean that you’ve read, understood and accepted them. Three, as in all the best stores, products do sell out, especially when they’re on special. Should this happen to you, you’ll be refunded the exact Rand value you paid.
2. Buying products
- The site allows you, the user, to place electronic orders ("order") for one or more products on offer as long as such products are available and not sold out.
- A purchasing contract ("sale") between you and Ankara Textiles only comes into effect once you have fully completed AND submitted the online order form for one or more products in your shopping cart (“cart") AND your payment has been authorised by Ankara Textiles (or has been received into Ankara’s bank account).
- The above is dependent on the product being available.
- Products on Ankara Textiles cannot be reserved to be bought at a later stage, and placing an item in your cart without completing the order does not amount to a “sale”.
- This means that Ankara Textiles may remove any product(s) from your cart before the sale actually takes place, in the event of the product going out of stock.
- Ankara Textiles cannot be held responsible if the product(s) you added to your cart have become unavailable when you try to complete the sale.
- A tax invoice will be emailed to the email address on your Ankara Textiles profile. A delivery note will be included with your order – please note that no prices are visible on the delivery note.
More simply put:
It’s easy. You add products to your cart, submit your order and soon as we’ve received your payment, we have a deal. There’s just one thing: to give everyone a fair shot at shopping on Ankara Textiles, we cannot reserve the products in your cart. Best check out before someone else does.
3. Cancelling and ending orders
- Ankara Textiles reserves the right to refuse processing of payment for any order and/or to cancel any purchase, partially or completely, with notice given to you.
- Ankara Textilese will be liable for reimbursing you the rand value paid only if you have already paid for the cancelled order. You have the right to return non-defective products purchased within 30-days of the order being delivered.
More simply put:
Sometimes things don’t work out and an order has to be cancelled. If that happens we’ll be sure to let you know. And sometimes what you bought isn’t exactly what you wanted. No problem. Returns are free within 30 days and we’ll refund you.
- Ankara Textiles reserves the right, in the interest of preventing fraud, to refuse the processing of payment for any order and/or to cancel any purchase, partially or completely.
- Ankara Textiles may request documentation to complete the necessary fraud checks and cancel any order where the necessary documentation is not provided in a timely manner.
- In the event of a fraudulent purchase being placed on Ankara Textiles, cardholders will be advised to initiate a chargeback via their bank in order to be refunded. Spree does not process refunds for orders suspected of fraud.
- Ankara Textiles does not provide order details relating to orders suspected of fraud.
More simply put:
The f-word. Fraud happens. We’re pretty sharp when it comes to sniffing it out, and our response is simple and effective: do the checks, cancel the order, bye.
5. Product Pricing
The price of each product is given on the product information page (“the product page”) on the site. The product price displayed always excludes VAT at 15%.
The Regular Retail Price
- The Regular Retail Price (“RRP”) is the standard price that Ankara Textiles charges for the product. The RRP is determined by considering the suppliers’ price, market conditions, and the prices being offered by other local retailers.
- When a product is not on sale, on special, or included in a discount promotion, the RRP is the price you will pay when you purchase the product (“purchase price”).
- Please note that RRPs can change over the course of several seasons over which the product may be sold. The RRPs applicable at the time the product is introduced may differ from the RRP at the time of your purchase.
The Discount Price
- When Ankara Textiles is having a sale, has products in OUTLET, or is running a discount centric promotion on specific products on the site – the discount price is shown on the product’s product page, as well as the Regular Retail Price (“RRP”). The discount price will be shown in red and the RRP will be shown alongside it – but will be crossed out.
- When a discount price is shown on the product page, the discount price is the price you will pay when you add the product to your cart at the discounted price, and conclude the sale at the discounted price i.e. the purchase price.
- Every reasonable effort will be made to ensure that the RRP and, if applicable, the Discount Price of all products on Ankara Textiles are correct at the time of your purchase. If, however, the product is offered at an erroneous price, Ankara Textiles will not be obliged to supply the said product at the incorrect price.
- Ankara Textiles will only be liable to return payment already made by you in the case you choose to cancel the sale once you have been made aware of the correct price.
More simply put:
We try to offer the best prices we can on all our products. From time to time, products are discounted – when we have a sale, when products are moved into the Outlet store, and when we run a promotion. Products on sale and in Outlet display both the original price and the discounted price (in red). However, when products are discounted during a promotion, the amount you save is displayed at checkout after you enter a voucher code. Please note that the only way to be refunded for an incorrectly priced product is if you cancel the sale.
6. Delivery fees
Ankara Textiles has two delivery options
6.1 Standard Delivery
- Ankara Textiles charges a non-refundable R80 fee to deliver depending on where you’re located.
- Post office deliveries are sent via Ankara Textiles Services to the relevant post office based on the delivery address. You will receive an email from Ankara Textiles with the tracking number required in order to collect your parcel. The post office may send you a notification of the arrival of your parcel.
- Standard delivery is available for certain areas outside of main centres. Please check the delivery options in checkout once you have entered your address to see if you are eligible. A non-refundable R95 delivery fee is applied for deliveries outside of main centres.
- Ankara Textiles does not deliver to PO Box addresses.
- Every reasonable effort is taken to ensure that the delivery costs displayed on the site are correct at the time of your purchase. However, if a delivery fee is incorrectly displayed, Ankara Textiles will not be obliged to deliver products at an incorrect delivery fee. Ankara Textiles will only be liable to return payment already made by you in the case you choose to cancel the sale once you have been made aware of the correct delivery fee.
7. Making a payment
You can pay on Ankara Textiles using your Visa or MasterCard credit or debit card, via Electronic Funds `transfer (EFT).
Paying by credit card
- Ankara Textiles accepts payments made by Visa and MasterCard Credit Cards as well as chipped debit cards that have been activated for online purchases.
- When you place an order, the transaction details are presented to the bank for authorisation of the payment amount.
- If authorisation is not obtained, the order is cancelled. If authorisation is obtained, payment is usually immediate. You guarantee that you are fully authorised to use the credit card for payment of your order and that there are sufficient funds in this credit card account to cover the costs of any transactions you complete on Ankara Textiles.
Paying by EFT:
Instant EFT payment is available to all Nedbank, Standard Bank, Capitec, FNB and Absa customers. These payments are processed immediately and provide a secure transfer for immediate payment.
1. How does it work?
- Select your Bank
- Login using your internet banking credentials
- Upon successful payment your order status will be updated immediately.
- There is no need to enter Ankara Textiles’s banking details or order reference number
- The automated process will navigate and populate the relevant fields on your behalf in the background
- Select an account to pay from and enter a reference for your records
- Your bank will send you an otp or mobile authentication to your mobile phone to verify the payment
- Enter otp or accept the authentication message
- Payment is complete
2. How long do you have to wait?
- Your order status will be updated immediately
- There is no need to send through a proof of payment
- There is no need to wait for funds to reflect in the sellers account
3. Is it safe?
- Instant EFT guarantees the highest levels of security when paying online
- Instant EFT has a Thawte EV SSL encryption certificate which gives our payment processing service an extremely high level of security
- Instant EFT acts as a proxy between you and the bank to facilitate a faster, safer and easier payment process for both the buyer and the seller
- Your online banking login details are NOT stored
- Please note, when selecting to pay by EFT, you have 24 hours post placing your order to make the payment.
- When making your payment, please be sure to use your order number as the beneficiary reference. This will ensure that Ankara Textiles can process your order as quickly as possible.
- Ankara Textiles will start processing your order as soon as your bank forwards the payment to Ankara Textiles. Depending on the bank, it can take up to 3 days from the time you make the payment (which has to be done a maximum of 24 hours after placing the order) to when it appears in our bank account.
- The delivery lead time as specified on the site only starts once Ankara Textiles has received the payment from your bank.
- As buyer, you indicate where in South Africa you require delivery, as well as contact numbers to be used in connection with delivery.
- Your parcel will be delivered to the address you specified in the checkout process.
- In the case of Post office delivery, your order will be delivered to the post-office nearest to your address within the postal code you selected.
- In the case of pick up point delivery, your order will be delivered to your selected pick up point.
- On inputting your address during checkout, the site will indicate to you whether your postal code qualifies for Standard delivery, the nearest post office or to a pick up point.
- If nobody is present at the address at the time of delivery, our courier will on the second attempt of delivery leave a note (in the letterbox if a residential address) to indicate that there was an attempted delivery.
- The courier will try once more (third attempt), and if at that time there is still no one to sign for the parcel, the parcel will be returned to our warehouse and a return will be processed for the goods. You will be contacted in order to confirm the refund method you would prefer.
- Should a delivery fee have been charged on the order, this will not be reimbursed, given that the courier has attempted delivery on numerous occassions.
- In the case of post office delivery, if the parcel is not collected within 30 days of it being delivered to the post office, the parcel will be returned to our warehouse and a return will be processed for the goods. You will be contacted in order to confirm the refund method you would prefer.
- In the case of pick up point delivery, if the parcel is not collected within 8 calendar days of being delivered, the parcel will be returned to our warehouse and a return will be processed for the goods. You will be contacted in order to confirm the refund method you would prefer.
- Unless we inform you otherwise, before you place your order and before the final confirmation, the estimated maximum delivery time for an order in South Africa – for Standard delivery is 10 working days.
- As outlined above, all Ankara Textiles standard deliveries take place during business hours i.e. there are no deliveries over weekends or on public holidays. Please take this into consideration when selecting your delivery address.
- A standard or premium delivery is considered complete as soon as the parcel is accepted and signed for either by the customer or by an individual on the customer’s behalf at the specified delivery address.
- In the case of post office or pick up point delivery, the delivery is considered complete when the parcel is successfully delivered by Ankara Textiles Services to the post office associated with your delivery address, or to the applicable pick up point.
- It is your responsibility, as buyer, to ensure that you or the intended receiver of the gift (when applicable) inspect(s) the parcel on arrival and makes known any justifiable complaints. The receiver has the right to refuse the parcel if it appears to have been opened or if it has clearly been damaged.
- Such complaints and claims must be brought to the attention of Ankara by calling our call centre or sending us a whatsapp at 0658121155 (Monday to Friday, 07:00 to 18:00 and Saturdays, 09:00 to 13:00).
- In the event that a parcel is delcared missing, should stock be available a replacement order will be sent to the customer via the intended original delivery method.
- If stock is not available, the order (at Rand value paid) plus any relevant delivery fee will be refunded.
- Ankara Textiles will contact the customer in both cases to advise possible delays and/or preferred refund method.
More simply put:
There are two ways we get your parcel to you: Standard and Premium delivery (during business hours only). Based on the address you enter during the checkout process, we will display the delivery options available in your postal code. We need a bit of co-operation here. In the case of Standard delivery, your parcel will be returned to our warehouse after three failed attempts to find you or your representative at the address specified. Postal deliveries are returned if uncollected after 30 days, and pick up point deliveries after 8 days. Premium delivery, currently only available in parts of Gauteng and Pretoria on orders via credit or debit card or instant EFT, lets you select either same day delivery (if placed before 10:30AM). In all cases please take extra care when you enter your delivery address. In the rare event of a lost parcel, a replacement order will be delivered if the item/s you ordered are in stock, or a refund processed if they’re not.
9. Defective items, returns and reimbursement
- If you are dissatisfied with your purchase due to a defect, incorrect product choice or other reason, you may return it with barcoded tags attached, to Ankara within 30 days of delivery, by the same delivery method which the parcel was received. If you are based in South Africa, you can either receive a Ankara Textiles account credit or a refund, or have the product repaired or replaced, depending on the situation.
- In the case of a damaged or incorrect item having been delivered, Ankara Textiles will evaluate each case and issue a refund upon proof of the damaged/incorrect item.
- You can only exchange your returned item for a different size , not for a different colour or any other item.
- For exchanges you need to contact the customer service team to ensure we reserve and confirm the availability of the size you are exchanging for.
- Find more information on Ankara Textiles's Help section on Delivery and Returns
More simply put:
If you don’t like it, return it. If it’s the wrong size/colour, return it. If it is defective, return it. Do it within 30 days, and it’s not just free, but we’ll either refund you, or replace the product if stock is available.
10. Sales records
Complete records of each transaction between you and Ankara Textiles are kept on the site for 12 months after a particular purchase or related transaction. During this time, you'll be able to view and print out these records. After the 12-month period the responsibility of keeping Such record falls onto you.
More simply put:
Your order history is available on site for 12 months after purchase.
11. Competitions & Promotions
Ankara Textiles may release printed or digital discount coupons (“coupons”) from time to time. Such coupons may be available through the website and/or from third-party websites, in magazines and other media. Coupons can be used to secure a discount on the site as long as the coupon is valid. Given expiry dates cannot be moved.
More simply put:
Every time we offer a promotion or discount, send you a voucher or run a competition, we are obliged by law to publish the terms and conditions on the Ankara Textiles website, meaning right here. Please check these for details of exclusions, closing dates and refunds on returns.
- Promotional coupons are issued at Ankara Textiles's discretion. Users don't have the right to promotional coupons and can't earn them.
- Promotional coupons are issued with specific terms and conditions that regulate how and when they can be used. For example, certain coupons may be product specific in that they are only valid against a selected group of products. Exclusions may also exist with certain coupons e.g. not valid on items in OUTLET. The onus is on the shopper to check the full coupon T&Cs to ensure they understand the coupon’s applications and limitations.
- In general, unless otherwise specified on the coupon itself: a coupon is only valid for 30 days from date of issue. A coupon can only be used against a purchase on the site when the purchase meets the terms and conditions as specified on the coupon.
- Only one coupon can be used per shopping cart. Coupons are not transferrable and cannot be exchanged for cash. The discount value of the coupon will be deducted from the total amount in your shopping cart. The remaining balance, if any, must be paid by you.
- Creation of multiple Ankara Textiles accounts, with different email addresses, in order to utilize a coupon on multiple occasions, is abuse of the benefit and Ankara Textiles reserves the right to not release these orders.
you wish to return an item you have purchased using a coupon:
a. If you have redeemed a coupon against a purchase, and you'd like to return all items purchased, Ankara Textiles will refund you or credit your account with the rand value of the purchase. Please refer to the specific terms and conditions on the coupon for information on whether it will be reinstated and the terms that will apply.
b. If you have used a coupon against a purchase and then return some of the products purchased, Ankara Textiles will apportion the value of the coupon across the relevant items in the cart and then refund you the relevant rand amount based on the items being returned.
c. If you have used a coupon against a purchase and then return some of the products purchased, Ankara Textiles will recalculate the total value of your purchase AFTER the returned product(s) has/have been deducted. If the recalculated purchase value no longer meets the terms and conditions associated with the coupon, Ankara Textiles reserves the right to deduct the value of the coupon off the refund for the returns, or, should you have credit in your Ankara Textiles account, to debit the value of the coupon off your account balance.
Promotional coupons cannot:
- Be used to buy gift vouchers
- Be exchanged for cash
- Be transferred to anyone else
- Be used after the expiry date which is, unless otherwise specified, 30days from date of issue
- Be used together with any other promotion, including against items in OUTLET, items already on sale or items discounted as part of another promotional offer.
Newsletter Sign-up Coupon
- Ankara Textiles customers do not have the right to newsletter vouchers and cannot earn them.
- The R100 Ankara Textiles newsletter coupon is issued once - when the subscriber signs up to any of Ankara Textiles's Newsletters (Ladies, Men or Kids & Babies) for the first time.
- Signing up to a second or third Ankara Textiles newsletter (Ladies, Plus, Men or Kids & Babies) with the same email address – does not qualify for another R100 newsletter coupon.
- The R100 newsletter coupon can only be used once per Ankara Textiles account holder, and cannot be used in conjunction with any other Ankara Textiles offer or promotional coupon.
- The R100 Ankara Textiles newsletter coupon can only be redeemed against basket sizes to the value of R250 or more.
- The coupon is not valid against items in OUTLET or on sale.
- The R100 coupon is valid for 30-days from the date of issue.
- To claim your R100 coupon, visit www.myankara.co.za and add items to the value of R250 or more to your cart. Enter the coupon code in the coupon code box at Checkout.
- Returns of products to which the R100 coupon was applied will be refunded at the actual rand value paid for the product.
- Newsletter coupons which have passed their expiry date will not be reinstated. This includes coupons that have been redeemed against items that are subsequently returned.
- Signing up to the Ankara Textiles newsletter multiple times, with multiple email addresses, in order to secure additional R100 newsletter coupons is abuse of the benefit and is tantamount to stealing. Perpetrators will be dealt with accordingly.
- Creation of multiple Ankara Textiles accounts, with different email addresses, in order to utilize the coupon on multiple occasions, is abuse of the benefit and Spree reserves the right to not release these orders.
ANKARA TEXTILES Staff Coupon
- Ankara Textiles staff will be provided with a 10% off coupon code each month.
- The 10% off is valid on full priced products only and excludes all items already discounted.
- Not valid on Ankara gift vouchers.
- The monthly code can only be used once.
- This benefit is for Ankara Textiles staff only. The discount is not transferable.
- The discount cannot be carried over to a new month.
- The code cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion.
- Shopper Coupons are valid for 3 days from receiving it via email.
- Only valid for selected customers as determined by Ankara Textiles. No customer has the right to a Shopper Coupon, coupons can’t be earned.
- Ankara Textiles has the right to stop the promotion at its own discretion.
- Coupons are applicable as per communicated in the email received from Ankara Textiles. Some coupons have a minimum spend requirment, as communicated in the email received by selected customers.
- Coupons are unique and can only be redeemed once per selected customer.
- To claim your discount, visit www.myankara.co.za and add your item(s) to your cart. Insert your discount code as received via an email from Ankara Textiles, into the coupon code box provided at check out.
- Returns will be refunded at the actual rand value paid per item after the discount is applied, please note the discount is distributed across each qualifying item in the basket.
- A replacement coupon code will only be given once and on request.
- Shopper coupons which have passed their expiry date will not be reinstated.
- Order value after discount must exceed R350 for free delivery.
- Coupon codes are not valid on any item on discount in the Outlet store.
- Coupon codes can’t be used in conjunction with any other offers from Ankara Textiles.
- No change can be given on Coupon codes, the full value must be used.
12. Gift Vouchers
Electronic gift vouchers can be purchased on the Ankara Textiles website. Ankara Textiles gift vouchers can only be redeemed while they are valid. Their expiry dates cannot be extended.
Vouchers cannot be:
- used to purchase other Gift Vouchers;
- used towards purchases at any affiliate websites or
- exchanged for cash
General terms of Ankara Textiles gift vouchers:
- Gift voucher value can be set by you, to any value between R50 and R10 000.
- The chosen value must be in rands, no cent values are permitted.
- You may use more than 1 gift voucher per transaction, should you wish to.
- If a gift voucher Is used to purchase a cart that is of lower value than the voucher, the residual amount will be tied to the voucher code.
- You can check the balance of a gift voucher within your user account section.
- If you have a gift voucher, that voucher can be used by someone other than you and you can assign your rights to use that voucher. We assume no liability for the loss, theft or illegibility of gift vouchers.
- You may purchase gift vouchers for use on the Site by yourself or as a gift. These gift vouchers will be sent to you or your chosen recipient via email.
- Gift vouchers cannot be used to buy further gift vouchers.
- The credit of a gift voucher does not accrue interest nor does it have a cash value.
- Gift vouchers are not refundable for cash once purchased.
- If the credit of a gift voucher is insufficient for the Order you wish to make, you may make up the difference through either Credit Card, EFT, Mobicred or store credit.
More simply put:
An electronic gift voucher is an awesome gift. But note these important points: (a) gift vouchers have expiry dates – make sure you shop while the voucher is valid; (b) you cannot use your gift voucher to buy other gift vouchers and (c) you cannot exchange a gift voucher for cash. That’s it. It’s still a really smart and effortless way to do gift-shopping.
- Anyone downloading or trying to download malware or damaging coding on this site, or who tries to gain unauthorised access to any page on this site, will be prosecuted.
- Ankara Textiles will claim civil damages from Such person if Ankara Textiles suffers any damage or loss.
- You agree and guarantee that the username and password you use to log in is for your personal use only, and will not be passed on to any third party.
- You allow Ankara Textiles to take all steps reasonably possible to ensure the integrity and security of the site and in the administrative office.
- All credit card transactions on the site are protected by SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption and reinforced by various encryption processes with the aim of offering the most effective possible protection of any sensitive information. Ankara Textiles has no access to any confidential information regarding your payment method.
- Only Ankara Textiles's banking partner will access confidential information (Such as your credit card number, expiry date, CVV etc.) from time to time.
- Ankara Textiles's registration documents and the registered domain name are verified and underwritten by Cpanel.
More simply put:
Shopping on Ankara Textiles is safe and secure and we care a great deal about keeping it that way. That means if anyone tries to hack our site, they will have their day in court.
Ankara Textiles is
responsible for adhering to the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008
("CPA") with the sale of any products from the site. Similarly, Ankara
is responsible for adhering to articles 43(5) and 43(6) of the Electronic
Communication and Transactions Act in terms of payment systems and security.
However, neither Ankara Textiles nor any of its representatives will be held responsible for any loss or accountability of any kind that arises from the use of (or inability to use) this site, its services or content.
Furthermore, Ankara Textiles provides no guarantee, implied or otherwise, that the content or technology attached to this website is free or errors or omissions. Nor is there any guarantee whatsoever that service will be 100% uninterrupted or faultless. We encourage you to report any possible malfunctions and errors by emailing email@example.com.
Otherwise call the call centre at 0658121155 (Monday to Friday, 07:00 to 18:00 and Saturdays, 09:00 to 13:00).
Although the products on the site may be under guarantee, the site itself is offered on an "as it is" basis and is not set up or delivered according to your individual specifications.
It is your responsibility, before accepting these T&Cs, to determine whether the service available through this website satisfies your individual needs and is compatible with your hardware or software. Information, ideas and opinions expressed on this web site should not be regarded as professional advice, or as Ankara Textiles's official stance.
We encourage you to obtain professional advice before taking any action on the strength of information, ideas or opinions expressed on this site.
More simply put:
Bear in mind that by using our site you agree to accept our terms and conditions, and please use the site responsibly. Also if you don’t like the trends for next season or the way our fashion team suggests you wear a key item, please feel free to ignore it.
15. Applicable Laws
- This site is offered, controlled and run from the Republic of South Africa.As Such it is governed by South African legislation, and subject to the disputes clause in these T&Cs.
- You and Ankara Textiles are subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the South African courts. Each and every section of these terms and conditions must be read as individual and separable from the rest of the terms and conditions.
- Should any court or qualified authority find that any of the terms are invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of the terms and conditions will remain standing, despite invalidity or unenforceability of an individual term.
More simply put:
Should one or more of these terms and conditions be found invalid by a court of law, it doesn’t follow that the rest are invalid. We think that’s what this means.
More simply put:
We have a policy for this and you can read it here.
17. Changes to Terms and Conditions
Ankara Textiles may, at its own discretion, change these terms and conditions or any part thereof. As indicated in the T&Cs, it is the responsibility of the registered account holder or user to familiarise yourself with the T&Cs before using the site. By registering, or using the site at all, you recognise that you've read, accepted and agreed to be bound by these T&Cs.
More simply put:
We can change these terms and conditions at any time, so please keep up.
Barring urgent or
interim legal help that may be granted by a court of law: In the event of any
disputes of any kind between you and Ankara Textiles, arising out of any
situation catered for in these terms or conditions (or that arises out of these
terms and conditions) and that cannot be resolved by the client service centre,
the dispute may be presented for confidential arbitration.
Such arbitration will be handled according to the rules stipulated by the Arbitration Foundation of South Africa.These rules can be found here.
Legal notice address
Ankara Textiles elects as address for all purposes regarding these terms and conditions, whether for legal notices or serving of other communication documents of any kind, the following address:
416 Cliffendale Dr,
Pretoria East 0081
Tel./Whatsapp 065 812 1155
An electronic copy is to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org (Such copy must be delivered in conjunction with physical copy for serving to be effected.)
More simply put:
We hate a fight but if there is no other way to settle a dispute, the issue will be resolved through confidential arbitration
19. Terms and Discontinuation
These terms and
conditions take effect on the date of first publication of the website and
continue indeterminately. They may be revised by Ankara Textiles from time to
time (as described above), for as long as the website continues to exist and be
operated. Ankara Textiles is entitled to terminate these terms and conditions
or close down the website at any time, subject to processing any pending
If you don't meet your obligations regarding these terms and conditions, including any incidents about payment and price or an order, and you neglect to rectify Such non-adherence within 5 working days after Ankara Textiles has instructed you to do so, your access to the service will be blocked.
We have the right to close your account and deny you access to the site, depending on the severity of your actions. Such action on the part of Ankara Textiles will not have any negative effect on any damages Ankara Textiles may claim.
More simply put:
It is within our rights to shut down this website (but don’t worry we have no plans to do so). It is also within our rights to block you from using our services, if your conduct violates these terms and conditions. In short, play dirty and you’re out.
20. Copyright and other intellectual property
Any and all copyright relating to the website, including these terms and conditions, is held by Ankara Textiles (and partners). All rights not expressly given are reserved. You may download, view and print content from this site only for private and non-commercial ends. To obtain permission for commercial use of any content from this site, please send an email email@example.com, or call the client service line: 0658121155. Ankara is unable to edit or screen all content on the site, and will not be held accountable for illegal, libellous or obscene content. We advise you to inform Ankara Textiles of any offensive or illegal material. All content, trademarks and data on this website, including but not limited to software, databases, text, graphics, icons, links, private information, designs and agreements, are the property of or under licence of Ankara Textiles. As Such they are protected by local and international legislation and agreements.
More simply put:
The rights to everything on this site belongs to us although we don’t mind sharing it with you as long as you don’t use it for commercial ends. We won’t be held accountable for illegal or obscene content on our site and we’re pretty sure there isn’t any. If you do find some please let us know; we’ll remove it pronto.
21. Electronic communication
When you sign up for a Ankara Textiles newsletter, opt into marketing communication, register an account, conclude a purchase, visit the site or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, you agree to get electronic communication from Ankara Textiles.
More simply put:
Emailing will happen – when you register an account, shop on Ankara Textiles, sign up for our newsletters or mail our support team.
22. Links, 'Framing', 'Spiders' and 'Crawlers'
No person, business or
website may be linked to any page on this site without prior written permission
from Ankara Textiles. Such permission can be obtained by sending an email to email@example.com
or by calling the client service line at 065 812 1155.
Links to non-ankara Textiles sites given on this website are provided “voetstoots” and Ankara Textiles does not necessarily agree with the content of Such sites, which Ankara Textiles is unable to edit or underwrite.
No person, business or website may use any technology to glean information from this site without prior written permission from Ankara Textiles. Such permission can be obtained by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the client service line at 065 812 1155.
More simply put:
Don’t be linking our site to yours. At least not without asking first.
23. myankara.co.za corporate information
The Electronic Communication
and Transactions Act determines that when goods or services are provided via
certain electronic transactions, the seller must make certain information
public on the site where the goods or services are offered.
Ankara information is as follows:
ANKARA TEXTILES (PTY) LIMITED
Trading as Ankara Textiles - Reg. Nr 2016/419817/07
Legal notice address:
416 CLiffendale Dr, Farie Glen